Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Barbarians at the gate.


I've just had 15 lectures on my college campus tour cancelled. Thousands of young open minds a little more closed.

I just keep reminding myself that all great scientists have, at one time or another, had to stand by their convictions no matter how incredibly hard the path seemed. In the process, I've become a lightening rod. I wonder how many people doubted the ability to send a voice over a wire until Watson's heart raced when he heard a sound come out of no where?

Now here I stand, alone. A little Dane, with a wild idea to spread a message of love and hope across the globe. But, I will push on. I must. We will find a distributor, and we will achieve our scientific goal. And then maybe, just maybe, even those filled with anger and criticism will find the pherotone that makes their lives a little more happy.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home