Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Here we go...

So, the Pherotones.com website went live today, with a few little bugs, but still the culmination of a lot of hard work.

I got a few inquisitive IM's which were fun to answer, one from "caitlinbear", and another from "madnessmaker" (Clearly I need a better IM name...), and I got mentioned on a blog from Sweden, which I thougt was really cool. (I'll post links tomorrow, if I have time.)

To celebrate the site, we had a desultory little party in the breakroom this afternoon. Jeremy's girlfriend made cupcakes, and Mary Catherine brought her radio in from her desk. We had a bottle of sparkling wine, a cava, I think. Everyone was too tired, worn out from the rush to get the site up, and maybe we were all still a little mad at each other. I swear this research facility is a lot like a high school sometimes...still, I felt proud, and I can't help but feel like my life is about to change forever.

I went out for drinks tonight, with my non-work friends, and that was awesome. I didn't talk about work at all, and for an hour or two I forgot all about Pherotones.

But now, back at home, I'm feeling a little apprehensive. Optimistic, but wary. Where is this all going to go?

Very tired, but I can't sleep.

More in the AM.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Vanderhood. I was just wondering what kind of graduate research you did that led you to the fascinating area of pherotones!

18 January, 2006 15:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol ;-)

18 January, 2006 17:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol ;-)

18 January, 2006 17:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

44th & Vine

18 January, 2006 21:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she obviously took some inspiration from love potion #9

18 January, 2006 21:43  
Anonymous philihp said...

44th & Vine

18 January, 2006 21:44  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home